Lemons for health
The lemon has been known to aid metabolism and help reduce weight. It helps the digestive system flush out sludge left within our bodies. Bellow we present you some simple rules to follow that it will help you.
- Drink a glass of warm water with lemon juice, two teaspoons, first thing in the morning and last thing at night - or just before brushing your teeth.
- Eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables every day, as this will provide a good source of roughage to help your body flush out toxins.
- Balance your sugar levels by adding lemon peel to soups, salads and the juice to add to fish and squeeze over potatoes.
- Avoid refined foods such as white bread, white rice, cornflakes and instant potato. These act as sugars to the body and are easily stored as fat rather than as fuel for the body.
- Increase your consumption of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids found in nuts and oily fish whilst extra virgin olive oil provides a good source of unsaturated fat.
- Even on a budget eat whole foods such as brown rice and bread, fresh vegetables and fruit, make your own fresh soup, and avoid processed foods that will contain high levels of salt, sugar, and saturated fats.
- Eat your food slowly and keep to regular meals with smaller portions than you would normally eat. By eating slowly, the food your digestive system will be able to work its magic to turn it into energy rather than fat.